Protection against ransomware
Ransomware, Extortion & Malware Protection
Ransomware attacks are growing in sophistication and the ransom amounts are skyrocketing. Attackers have also started to extract confidential information from corporate networks and threaten to make it public if ransom payments are not made. Ransomware remediation costs have more than doubled since 2020 when the full impact of an attack is calculated (downtime, productivity, ransom payments, incident response, etc.).
Next-Generation Anti-Virus / EDR Sentinel One Complete
Advanced Firewall Event Monitoring – Forti Analyzer
External Vulnerability Scanning
We perform monthly vulnerability scans on all your external IP addresses. This allows us to mitigate the risk caused by known vulnerabilities which can be exploited by an attacker by applying the corresponding patch or fix.
Managed Updates & Patching
Advanced DNS Filtering
We designed our backup standard to withstand a successful network breach in which the attackers obtain administrative privileges. We completely segregate the local backups from the network and put other sets of credentials in place. Furthermore, the offsite cloud backups are protected against a ransomware attack by having a safeguard in place which would protect them if the local backups were ever breached.
Frequently Asked Questions
19 years! S3 was founded by Marc, Vince, and myself in June 2003 after we all graduated in computer engineering together. Our vision was to become an outsourced IT department for SMBs which is still what we are today. We were, therefore, a Managed Service Provider before the term was used.
We are still the three sole owners of S3 and work hard at it every day.
As an MSP we become the IT department for SMBs that have no internal IT team or a small one. Our role is to ensure that the IT infrastructure supports the goals and vision of the business while not holding it back in any way. We focus on data security and employee productivity.
In a nutshell: The first thing we do is modernize, standardize, and secure the IT infrastructure. We then manage and monitor the infrastructure while our security team keeps it secure. We offer quick remote and onsite support to all the users. Finally, we build a 3-year IT plan with a detailed budget and risk analysis that we review annually.
Here is summary of the services we include:
- Modernize, standardize, and secure the IT infrastructure as well as the user experience
- Manage and monitor the on-premise or cloud IT infrastructure
- Manage and monitor security
- Support users remotely or onsite
- Manage new user deployments
- IT strategy (3-year IT plan with budget and risk analysis)
- IT projects (analysis, execution, and project management)
- Hardware, software, and cloud services procurement
Our goal is to offer a personalized service to all users. We do this by assigning a team to each client which includes:
Account Manager: is the main point of contact. He is responsible for ensuring the proper delivery of all services.
Technical Advisor: works with the account manager to translate business needs into solutions which align with the client objectives. The TA has excellent technical knowledge and is a good communicator. The TA is the technical point of contact.
Remote Support Team: our support team is divided in smaller teams of 5 to 7 technicians each that remotely support all users by phone or by email. This way users always interact with the same group of people who know them and their environment.
Onsite Support Technician: the technician that goes onsite when needed or requested.
Our typical client is an SMB with a head office in the greater Montreal area. Many of our clients also have other offices throughout Canada and the US. A good proportion of them have hybrid office models and some work entirely from home.
Our clients take the security of their data and the productivity of their people very seriously. They want to ensure that their IT enables them to meet their business goals and does not hold them back.
Our clients are from different industries. 60% are professional service firms and the other 40% are in distribution or manufacturing.
Our clients are in the Microsoft ecosystem. They mostly use Windows, Office 365, Azure. The majority have a mix of cloud and on-premise infrastructure. The others have a purely cloud infrastructure.
Most clients have no full-time IT people. Some have a small IT team that are focused on their line of business applications.
Clients usually find us when they outgrow their IT provider, or they lose an internal resource and decide they do not want to manage IT people anymore.
Looking for a new IT supplier?
- You will be taken care of by a designated team.
- You will be able to focus on running your business.
- You will have a true partner who cares about your success.
- You will be able to take advantage of the latest technologies for greater efficiency.
"*" indicates required fields